Monday, November 3, 2008

The Lone Cyprus Club

So I'm wondering if its pathetic that all of my family has wonderful stories to tell about their families and their children...the do's and don't's of parenting, the "you'll never guess what Johnny did at school today" stories...Well not me...no siree Bob!

No...I am the lone ranger...the "single female with a cat and no social life with a freezer full of lean cuisines." I suppose it hits everyone differently...at Christmas time when they notice the 'one lone stocking' hanging above the fireplace, or when you call the chinese place and THEY give YOU your order......yes, those of us in the boat alone have all experienced "that moment"


However my 'moment' seemed to come to me as I was browsing the pictures saved in my computer. I have pictures from Erupoe, Florida, California, Mexico, Hawaii, birthdays....98% of which I am smiling by myself....HOWEVER....it didn't hit me until I realized that the only other pictures I have of "someone else" are all Dr. Greg House. A rough guesstimate of about 30 or so pictures all downloaded.



Yes...it hit me...and what do we do during those moments of 'how did I get here in life'...we head for the comfort food. That didn't help...there smiling back at me plastered all over the front of my refridgerator door is none other than Dr. Sarcasm himself.




So, since I have no interesting family news...no children swallowing drill bits or pictures of my adorable baby in a yoda costume, no husband 'fixing' the kitchen sink or artistic expressions of carving names into the sides of a car....I figured if you can't beat 'em you might as well join 'em. So instead of pitying my "lone cyprus" status y'all get to read about the only other person I have pictures of.




Kinda pathetic, huh? :)












This is a dedication to the rest of the 'lone cyprus' members.....

(hey Dave thanks for the newest and best addition to my Hugh pics!)

4 comments:

The beach IS real life said...

OH HOW QUICKLY YE FORGET! No cute, fun, darling stories to share about family and loved ones? Heellllllloooooooo . . .mommy and daddy at kicking tournament. mommy, daddy, brother, nephews at lagoon, at harley shop, at surprise party. mommy jumping out of plane WITH you. cruising to key west, cousin and you in disneyland. Oh yeah, you've got stories and family and don't ever forget it! So go ahead and post about your friend, "Dr. Sarcastic" but never forget- WE LOVE YA and we're here you to make as much fun of us as you want!

Unknown said...

wow i am hugh laurie obsessed LOOVE the pics

Long Family said...

I still love ya!!! xoxo :)

Lauren and the kidlets said...

SARA! LEAVITT! HOLY HANNAH! HOW THE HECK ARE YOU! all of the sudden high school was over and you disappeared! Look like your doing great! you look AWESOME! miss your face girl!
xoxo-Lauren